Thursday, April 24, 2008

Monster in the Closet

I asked Grace to write a poem
about her new little brother. One
I could post on the blog. The first thing
she asked was: "Does it have to rhyme?"
And I said: "Well, yeah!" This was
not what I was expecting, but it is
interesting to see what a 13 year old
comes up with regarding her unseen
baby brother.
P.S. The monster is not the baby!


A Poem By Graciela -2008

Rumble, Grumble, Rumble, Grumble.
The sound is loud enough...
I cannot hear myself mumble.

Mommy, what is it?
Is it going to hurt me?
I'm scared.. I thought I was safe,
Instead I gotta go pee!

Rumble, Grumble, Rumble, Grumble.
I try to swim to safety.
I hide on a cushion,
But what is this?
The scary noises have stopped,
But now I'm being jerked around!
Suddenly my world stops,
I drift away from my cushion
And into the middle.
Time ticks by slowly,
Then motion comes back into action.
I try and grip the rubbery clear outer
coating of my small bubble for traction
I fail miserably.
The scary noises die away,
Until only silence is left.

As I begin to fall asleep,
In my milky world of water...
I taste a sweet thing

Aw. Mommy was only hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment