Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dat?

Often times, as a single parent, you find yourself using the bathroom, and the little one follows you in, or screams outside the door until you let him in. Ethan is that way, he stays close a lot of the time. When he is in the bathroom with me, or anywhere actually, because he is at that age, he points to everything in the bathroom and says, "dat?". Basically we go through everything he points at and I tell him what it is. (NO, this story is not going there!) Anyway, he goes through everything:

"Dat? Door." "Dat? Light." "Dat? Light switch." "Dat? Mirror." "Dat? Sink." "Dat? Towel." "Dat? Toilet Paper." "Dat? Door Knob." "Dat? Latch." "Dat? Hinge." "Dat? Etc."

Today, I had a dirty bowl at the computer desk and I told him to go put it in the sink. He grabbed the bowl and took off. I kept hearing clinking noises and thought he was in the kitchen. Finally I went to check on him, but he wasn't in the kitchen. He was in the bathroom.

If it's any consolation, the bowl was in the sink...just not the kitchen sink. I guess I'll have to be more specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment