Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kar

About a month ago, Ethan woke up from his nap and I went up to get him out of his crib. Before he went to sleep, he had thrown all of his stuffed animals, blanket, book and Kar out of the crib. I'm sorry to say the 'tossing of items' was done in a fit of rage because he had been put down for a nap. As I pulled him out of his bare crib he pointed to the pile of items in the corner and said "Kar". That's Ethan talk for car. He then arched his back and said "up"...meaning he wanted down. So I put him down and he went over to the pile of ejected items and started rummaging through the pile obviously looking for his 'kar'. After some tossing of items, he pulled the item off the pile that was concealing the kar, and there it was just lying there. He didn't immediately reach down and pick it up. Instead, he turned his head around and looked up at me with the biggest smile on his face. It was so clear that the smile was saying "I found my kar, I am so happy". It would have been a priceless photograph. That smile said so much more than just, I'm smiling and I'm happy. There was obvious satisfaction and elation in that little 2 year old smile.

Some moments are priceless when raising kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment