Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bubbles and Babbling

There's really not that much to do,
When you're just 3 months old.
'Cept sit around in some old swing...
And wish your toe's weren't cold.

So I just sit for quite some time,
Staring at my mobile.
And as the drool begins to flow...
I soon start blowing bubbles!

It's really not a lot of fun,
But I don't have the options;
'Cause I don't have the strength I need...
To put myself in motion.

So if I want to move somewhere,
I have to start to cry.
Then, someone will come to me...
Though they...will not know why.

They'll pick me up and give a hug,
And talk some baby talk.
Then stick a bottle in my mouth...
Then swaddle me and rock.

And when I'm not-a-blowin-bubbles...
I really like to cooo.
And though I don't make too much sense,
I ramble, squeek, and toot.

I kinda looks like I can talk,
Yet no one understands,
A single word that I have said...
So, I'll just wave my hands.

My speech, my hands, my flailing feet,
Don't seem to work in sync.
But I am trying hard to speak...
No matter what 'you' think!

So yes, I'm learning every day,
And in language...I am dabbling.
So I'll just keep, a keepin on...
'Blowing Bubbles, and a Babbling'!

No comments:

Post a Comment